Thursday, March 7, 2013

More About Endurance

I mentioned in the last post that I felt God was teaching me endurance through this fast, and here is the rest of the story….
The day before I started the food fast, I took a picture with my mom, sister, and brother.  Let’s just say folks, I don’t have to worry about being able to float in the water anymore, because I have a built in inner tube!  Uhhh, I was so disgusted.  How did I let myself go so far in one year?  It was if I knew at that moment, I need to exercise.  I’ve been saying for the last few years that I don’t like exercise, but what I realized that I really meant was, “I don’t think that I need to exercise.  I’m good enough.  I can eat what I want, and move as I want, I’m ok.”  But that picture told a different story, it said, “You are not ok, no one likes exercise at first, and you need it.”  So, I begrudgingly told my husband that I thought that during my fasting time, I should use some of it to start exercising.  But day one came, and I didn’t. That night I saw my daughter making a list, and then she disappeared into the garage for about 30 minutes.  When she came out, she said, “Whoo, that was a good workout!”  What?!?  Hmm….I smell something fishy. 
Day 2 fast came and went, and no exercise, but when my daughter came home from school, she asked me if I wanted to work out with her that evening.  You see, she had come up with a workout routine, and she wanted me to do it with her.  So I thought, uh yeah, I can do a 10 year old work out, and this can eradicate that ugly nagging feeling of needing to work out, plus I get to feel like mom of the year for spending time with my daughter. Win, Win!  One thing led to another that evening and before I knew it, it was 8 o’clock, and I was just about to take a shower when Whitney comes in and says, “Mom, we didn’t work out yet, do you want to do it now?”  Ded blasted KLOVE!  Why do I listen to you??  Wouldn’t you know that I had just heard on the radio that day that it was ok to work out just before going to bed, that studies show (that’s my sarcasm included there) that you get just as good a night’s sleep if you work out before bed as you do at another time during the day.  I agreed, and we went and worked out.  I’ve included a picture of the workout routine.

Don’t let the sweet 10 year old handwriting fool you, this was no walk in the park!  My daughter is a fitness guru (I just learned this fact), and she pushed me to the limit.  She even counted while I did the exercises because I was out of breath.  I got smoked by a 10 year old. How EMBARRASSING!
And do I think that God orchestrated all of this for His good?  ABSOLUTELY!  I love Him!

1 comment:

  1. love love love! That is so awesome that you got smoked by a 10 year old! ;)

    I love that you are blogging through this, good job!

    ReplyDelete