Saturday, March 16, 2013

Clothes Fast: Meet My Wardobe

Tomorrow starts the second fast.  This time around: Clothes.  I chose to do the official 7 thing.  I'm keeping it simple.  One outfit for wearing during the week.  One oufit for working out, and to wear around the house. I need something to sleep in and a jacket, because I HATE to be cold.  I don't care if it's Spring Break time in South Texas.  The wind still blows here.  I want a jacket.



I so wish I could talk my family into doing this with me.  Just think of the laundry, or lack of laundry, that is.  This would be a dream week for me.

I'm making this week an all inclusive clothes theme.  I've cleaned out my clothes and drawers, with a two-fold plan.  All the clothes that I can sell at a consignment store, I'm taking in with the hopes of making some money to donate to a local food bank.  The rest of the stuff, I'm donating to my favorite thrift store.  Speaking of...guess which item above is from a thrift store?  Guess how many items I paid full price for?  Guess how many I bought from an actual retail store?

 The jeans were $4 at the thrift store, the shorts were found in the curtain rack at Goodwill, I think for $2. The jacket was a hand me down, and the night gown a gift from my sister.  The shoes I bought online, at a discount, and the grey t-shirt, the only thing bought at a retail store (kinda, if you consider Target retail) cost $3 on clearance.  My wardrobe for the week cost me less than $50.


And here's hoping to feeding a few more hungry people.

No comments:

Post a Comment