Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Simple Chaos

My life is so simple in some ways it’s sick.  I can wear the same clothes for a week, and no one even notices.  I don’t have close ties to anyone except my husband and kids, and they could care less if they see me in the same clothes I wore yesterday or not.  They’re just happy to see me (generally).
While the world around me is a little stressful with my husband in school, the upcoming move, getting our house ready to go on the market, and then needing it to sell; MY life is pretty stress free.  I feel pretty blessed right now.
When I read about the other ladies in the group, going on business trips, and having to plan a wardrobe around work, and the brutal winter cold, at first I’m intimidated, because, my life is so detached from that reality that no one even knows that I’m wearing my clothes over for a whole week.  But on further inspection, I see how it is such a blessing, that in the midst of chaos, I have a calm, deep in the center of my being.  And it is a gift, a blessing from the One that calms the raging storms.  It comes from the One whom “even the wind and the waves obey.” He’s holding back the winds and the waves in my life right now, and protecting me because I’m choosing to stay under it.
And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.  And those in the boat worshiped him saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matt. 14:33

No comments:

Post a Comment